General Labor -YARDMAN
Lemon Grove, CA 91945 US
We are looking for people who are looking to work a temp to hire position. This means you have the ability to be offered a position direct with the company in 3 to 4 months after excellent attendance and showing you have learned and perform the job well. The best candidates for this job are ones looking for a job they can stay at for years into the future. This company prefers to promote from within and has a great staying potential for the right candidates.
The schedules vary as everyone needs to work on Saturday. You would usually be scheduled 5 days of work per week and often it will be 35-40 hours per week.
Monday through Friday the hours are 730am to 4pm and on Saturday the hours are 730am to 130pm. You should be flexible in the beginning about what day of the week is your scheduled day off. You would always have Sunday off.
This is an excellent place to work with Core Values that match our own including:
- Honesty & Integrity: Being straightforward with those whom we conduct business. Adhering to the values in which we believe as we exercise our option.
- Loyalty: To commit our allegiance to those who faithfully commit to us.
- Accountability & Responsibility: Being answerable for our actions and obligations.
- Respect: Giving particular high regard, attention and concern to everyone we deal with.
- Knowledge: Know our industry with the familiarity gained through experience or association.
- Creativity: Providing solutions through imaginative skills.
- Humor: Infusing a degree of fun and light-heartedness into the day to day activities of doing business.
- Excellence: To provide the highest quality products and service.
In this position it is important to have a customer service attitude as you will often be the first staff member they encounter and you'll be interacting with customers through out the job daily.
Everyone starts sweeping and cleaning up the yard
This job requires heavy lifting.
This job requires being outdoors and on your feet for the majority of the shift.
As you learn the job, you will be lifting to load customers orders including blocks and bricks into their vehicles. You'll be doing hard physical work while keeping that same excellent customer services attitude.
Beyond that you may also be trained on how to use the forklift to move large quantities of product around the yard and into customer vehicles. Prior experience on a forklift is a plus.
You are required to wear steel toed boots for your safety on this job site. You may also wear a baseball cap to keep the sun from your face. Wide brimmed hats or wearing a cap backwards is not acceptable for safety reasons.
When you have read everything about this job and you are ready to apply:
You may apply online at: https://xlstaffing.tcaportal.net/en/candidate/index
619-579-0442, due to Covid restrictions on how many people can be in the office at once, please call for an appointment.