ENGINEER 2- Rooms/Maintenance
San Diego, CA 92101 US
A Rooms/Building Maintenance Engineer will perform work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and hotel structure operational and in good repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting, boiler making, insulating, carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; minor plumbing, drywall and vinyl repair and installation, floor repairs and other general maintenance duties.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Experience of 2-5 years preferred in commercial or institutional maintenance environment.
- HVAC or plumbing or electrical skills.
- Light carpentry and knowledge of paint and wallpaper.
- Certification in pool operation preferred.
- Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and other employees.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Preventive maintenance background preferred.
- No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- SITTING: Occasionally. Chair with back.
- STANDING/WALKING: Constantly. Stairs, tile, rubber mats covering tile, linoleum, concrete, padded carpet, marble, gravel, etc.
- CROUCHING (BEND AT KNEES): Frequently. Lifting, completing tasks performed at low levels, putting supplies and materials away, stocking supply carts.
- KNEELING/CRAWLING: Frequently. Plumbing repairs, carpet repairs, etc.
- STOOPING (BEND AT WAIST): Frequently. Repairing cosmetic needs on furniture and other equipment as needed, lifting light objects, putting supplies and equipment away.
- TWISTING (KNEES/WAIST/NECK): Frequently. Perform cosmetic, electrical, plumbing and other repairs.
- CLIMBING: Frequently. Ladders, step stools, stairs.
- BALANCING: Frequently. Climbing ladders, scaffolding, stairs, carrying tools and equipment.
- LEG/FOOT USE: Rarely.
- REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Frequently. Performing repairs, retrieving supplies and materials, updating shop board.
- HANDLING/GRASPING: Frequently. Hand tools, power tools, materials, turning nozzles, turning faucets, etc.
- FINGERING/FEELING: Occasionally. Performing repairs.
- PUSHING/PULLING: Frequently. Average weight: 5 - 100 lbs; Occasionally. Maximum weight: Equipment weighing up to 150 lbs.
- LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently. Average weight: 5 - 50 lbs; Occasionally. Maximum weight: Equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Rarely.
When you have read everything about this job and you are ready to apply: You may apply online at:
or Call 619-579-0442, please call for an appointment.